Dr. Rickey A. Nation, Ph.D.
and wife, Tammy
Ph.D. Christian Psychology
NCCA, Christian Counselor
NCCA, Pastoral Counselor
NCCA, Temperament Counselor
NCCA, Board Certified Sexual Therapy
Board Certified Clinical Supervisor through the National Board of Christian Clinical Therapists
Dr. Nation has extensive training
through Bethany Divinity College and Seminary in the following:
Biblical Marriage & Family Counseling
Biblical Reality Counseling
Biblical Depression Counseling
Biblical Crisis Counseling
Dr. Nation received training in Biblical Counseling as part of his seminary education and is licensed by the Church
to the Gospel Ministry. He has been counseling families and individuals
Dr. Nation worked in restaurant management, sales and marketing for a total of 7 years. He also began three different youth ministries in several schools. This experience enabled him to begin Abundant Life Christian Counseling Services and write the unique course, How To Begin A Counseling Ministry
and Take It Higher.
ADVISOR FOR COUNSELING DEPT.
Bethany Divinity College and Seminary
Satasota Academy Christian Counseling
National Board of Christian Clinical Therspists (Supervisor)
AFFILIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
NCCA, Professional Clinical Member
NCCA, License # NA72655
2011 Temperament Award Recepient
Nominated Outstanding Young American
Nominated Who's Who In Business
Nominated Biltmore's Who's Who 2010
Member, Roane County
Chamber of Commerce since 2006
"Through Abundant Life teaching with Dr. Rick Nation, my eyes were opened to the point where I could see the need and respond to the calling to go out and do the things that Jesus called me to do. I am using Christian Counseling as a tool to evangelize and reach people with Biblical ansewers that work. Praise His Name!
-B.I., Knoxville, Tn.
"The first course is just what I needed. God's timing is perfect. God is using this course to build the foundation for my ministry."
-A.M., South Carolina
The N.C.C.A., as well as the affiliated degree conferring colleges and seminaries are accredited by the Accrediting Commission International (A.C.I.) as a Comprehensive Accredited Member. For information regarding N.C.C.A.'s standing, you may contact A.C.I. at:
Also, the N.C.C.A. is fully accrediated by the National Private Schools Accrediation Alliance (N.P.S.A.A.)
Please Note: Our training program is not accreditated through the Department of Education. The Supreme Court has upheld the Separation of Church and State clause and does not accredit most religious training. However, our accrediation is far superior to the Department of Education's accrediation in that we are free from religious restrictions and governmental interference.
The N.C.C.A.'s program is offered by over 180 ministries, Bible schools, colleges and seminaries across the U.S. and around the world.
In addition to certification and licensing, successful completion of Phase III qualifies you for your next level academic degree in Christian Counseling, Clinical Christian Counseling, or Christian Psychology. No on-campus courses or visits are required. We do encourage participation in commencement exercises, especially at the Master's or Doctorate level...
The following colleges and seminaries are affiliated and participate in the N.C.C.A. degree transfer program:
- Andersonville Baptist Seminary(GA)
- Central Christian University(Lexington, N.C.)
- Chesapeake Bible College & Seminary
- Colorado Theological Seminary
- Cornerstone University(LA)
- Family Bible Institute, College & Seminary
- Jacksonville Theological Seminary(FL)
Is God calling you to be a Christian counselor? Please don't put off obeying the call. We invite you to review our academic programs and find the one that best fits you and the ministry of Christian counseling you are envisioning. We are here to answer any and all questions. There are no hidden surprises. Contact us today at (865) 435-5706.
We look forward to hearing from you, and the opportunity to work with you personally. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of the hurting. God Bless you!
This training will equip a called of God person to become a N.C.C.A. licensed and certified temperament counselor and charge a fee. (Please check with your state licensing board for laws in your specific state on licensure and certification.)
Learn human behavior from God's Word
Become N.C.C.A. board certified
Streamlined so you get degrees and licensure quicker
Work one-on-one with a member of the National Board of Christian Clinical Therapists at our offices
Become Board Certified in the following areas: Child and Adolescent, Substance Abuse and Addiction, Integrated Marriage and Family, Sexual, Death and Grief, Group, Domestic Violence, Cognitive Therapies and Ethics
Less expensive than most colleges or universities
Convenient-affordable payment plan options are available.
B.A. M.A., Ph. D. All degree programs are accredited through the A.C.I. (Accrediting Commission International) & National Private Schools Accrediation Alliance (N.P.S. A.A.).
Top Ten Reasons To Not Enroll In Our Training Program
If you find yourself nodding in agreement to any of these statements, you should walk (or run) the other direction.
10) I’ll take the training just to see if I like it or not. I believe you have to experience something fully before you can make up your mind. Even though some of you may think this way, we see that decisiveness verses procrastination is the ability to recognize key factors and finalize difficult decisions. Obtaining wise counsel from many before finalizing a decision will ensure its success. Decisiveness in the home includes: 1) firmly establishing the family commitment to good character by forming habits based on desired qualities. 2) Discussing with each other the decisions that need to be finalized to avoid making rash choices based on the impulse of the moment. 3) Making decisions based on a commitment to character verses popular opinion. And 4) keeping each other accountable to not procrastinate. Procrastination of decision making often results in confusion and wasted time; when families base decisions on previous commitments, they will have greater confidence in their decisions. You need to tell yourself that you will not look back. When you say you will do something you need to do it, if you make a right decision you need to stick with it. You can also look at things from more than one point of view before making up your mind, but never give in to peer pressure. Determination verses faintheartedness is purposing to accomplish goals at the right time, regardless of the opposition. Facing fierce winds and storms with an undaunted attitude builds a strong, protective layer called courage. Few things are more rewarding than the exhilaration of achievement after wholehearted effort. The harder the fight, the sweeter the victory. Let’s take a look at determination in the home: 1) parents telling their children stories from their own lives of how sticking with a task led to success. 2) Pursuing excellence in the appearance and harmony of the home, while avoiding the trap of perfectionism. 3) Refusing to let the latest trends dictate how the family functions. 4) Young people focusing on their parents’ vision for the family without allowing the opinions of others to disillusion them. In order to be determined you will need to set goal, make sure your goal are right, ignore distractions, don’t let others discourage you and face your problems head-on.
9) Since it is Christian-based, I expect your Training Program to be free or cheaper than everyone else. If not, at least you will give me free training or a huge discount. Someone said: “Heaven knows how to put a price on its goods, that which costs little has little benefit.”
8) I believe and feel my growth in the Lord and Christian Counseling Training must be
approved by government and accredited by the U.S. Department of Education before it
can be valid and of any value. Galatians 1:10 “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased me, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
7) I believe and feel that true education only takes place in a classroom. Abraham Lincoln got his books from a trash can and studied informally at home.
"We can learn without a teacher. In fact, children learn hundreds of facts before they attend school, sometimes with the help of their parents or others, often by their own independent activities and efforts. Actually, we are self-taught in most of our knowledge attainments, and it is generally accepted that knowledge is most permanent and better appreciated when it is discovered by independent research and study. Most knowledge, at the beginning, was learned by the original discoverer without a teacher, since no teacher knew it. If, then, we can learn without being taught, we can conclude that the function of the teacher is to create the most favorable classroom conditions possible for self-learning, guiding students to learning the unknown by way of the known. Essentially, the acquisition of knowledge is made by using the same mental facilities used in the same methods, whether with or without the assistance of a teacher. This does not mean, of course, that all learning must be self-directed, but it does mean that students do not need to be spoon-fed. They need to learn how to think and teach themselves."
- John Milton Gregory, "The Seven Laws of Learning" pp. 83-84
6) The minister on T.V. states Jesus is coming back next year, so I need to get my degree in 3-6 months.
5) I do not believe Jesus is the only way to heaven. Also, I do not believe in moral absolutes.
4) I believe and feel true education has to be boring, have no meaning and it definitely cannot change my life. It is basically something that has to be endured.
3) I believe the only people going to heaven are in my church or denomination preference.
2) I just want to buy a degree and not do any course work, since I already know everything or I have secular counseling training that is far superior.
1) I refuse to be accountable to anyone because I am a lone ranger. If you have made it this far and not been offended, congratulations. You are an excellent candidate to enroll in our training program.